No matter which way the GS should fall、 the Touratech crash bar is right where it is needed.
The most comprehensive all-round protection there has ever been for a boxer engine!
A cage of 25-mm strong、 2-mm thick stainless steel tubes completely encloses the cylinders.
Any forces that occur are safely deflected and distributed to gently break them down.
Numerous assembly points、 intended bending points and the central strut guarantee safe protection not only of the cylinders、 but also of the frame and engine of your R1200GS.
Despite the impressive tube diameter、 the crash bar is positioned as closely as possible to the vehicle and has no effect at all on the leaning angles or ground clearance.
It blends perfectly with the looks of the R1200GS、 completing the overall appearance - and is simply a part of it all!
Made exclusively of strong、 electropolished stainless steel、 the crash bar will not rust. Even deep scratches are less frightening、 and can simply be ground off.
The assembly points are perfectly matched to the R1200GS! And needless to say、 everything that is needed to fit it is included in the delivery.
TIP for perfect all-round protection: The perfect addition to the crash bar is our crash bar extension for the R1200GS.
- complete protection for the cylinders、 including to the back and top
- safe deflection of any occurring forces without damaging the frame or engine
- no restrictions to leaning angle freedom
- made of 18/2mm stainless steel tubes
- Made in Germany
- for use with the Touratech crash bar extension (045-5163) and cylinder protection (045-5130)